Casting Calls for the Real World, Road Rules, and Fresh Meat are currently not being held at this time but the production company for those shows, Bunim-Murray, is still accepting audition tapes.
I am often asked for advice as to how to create an audition tape for the Real World or Road Rules so I put together a cumulative list I gathered from the production company’s site, video sites, and from the cast members themselves that actually made it onto MTVs Real World Road Rules or the Fresh Meat challenges.
- It is preferred to send VHS, VHS-C, Hi-8 (analog), 8mm, or mini-DV, but also accepted is Mini-DV, Hi-8, and DVD - No CD-ROMs.
- If you submit on DVD, you MUST submit a full-size DVD that is playable in a standard DVD player.
- You MUST be 18 to 24 on the first day production, so if you turn 25 on the 2nd day of production you can qualify.
- Do NOT have Auto Focus on as you may appear blurry, so pre-focus the camera before recording.
- The image at the top of this post is the ideal position of your head on the audition recording.
- Try to match your skin tone with the background that reflects a similar amount of light back to the camera.
- Do NOT have the time date stamp recorded with your casting video.
- Keep the video length to no more than 5 minutes.
- Speak clearly without verbal crutches such as umm, ahh, like, you know, and ok.
- Be real, be yourself, be unique, be entertaining, do NOT try to fit a perceived typecast of the Real World.
- The audition video tape label needs to have your name, age, phone number, address, and email address.
- The mailing address to send Real World Road Rules casting tapes is:
6007 Sepulveda Blvd.
Van Nuys, CA 91411
Attn: Real World Casting
The MM Agency does NOT cast or takes part in the selection process for the Real World.
The agency DOES represent the cast after they are on the show for booking appearances.